Make a Difference
Water Mission's Summer Internship Program
June 3, 2024 – August 9, 2024
If you’re passionate about transforming lives through safe water, you’ve come to the right place! Water Mission’s Summer Internship Program seeks to train, equip, and encourage the next generation of leaders to fight against the global water crisis while providing hands-on experience in your field of study.
Look at our open internship opportunities below and click the position title to apply. We encourage you to apply if you have a heartfelt passion for our work and meet the minimum requirements for each role. Thank you for your interest in serving with Water Mission!
How to Apply
- Review the internship descriptions.
- Email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
- The subject line should include your name and the position you are applying for.
- We recommend that cover letters and resumes be in PDF file format.
- Let us know about how you learned about this internship opportunity.
- All submissions will be reviewed, and you will receive a response within five business days.
- The deadline for all submissions is March 1, 2024. We will communicate final decisions by April 5, 2024.
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (Charleston, SC or Remote)
- Program Delivery (No Longer Accepting Applications)
- Disaster Response (No Longer Accepting Applications)
Marketing & Communications Internships
- Marketing & Communications – Content Writer (No Longer Accepting Applications)
- Marketing & Communications – Internal Communications (Charleston, SC or Remote*)
- Marketing & Communications – Graphic Design (No Longer Accepting Applications)
- Marketing & Communications – Project Management (No Longer Accepting Applications)
- Marketing & Communications – Social Media & Public Relations (No Longer Accepting Applications)
* Remote work is only available to individuals based in the continental US.
We offer both in person and remote internships! The position description for each opportunity will specify location preferences.
No, at this time we are not offering paid internship opportunities.
Depending on the role, you could expect 20-40 hours of work. This is going to vary depending on the opportunity and the intern’s capacity. Feel free to communicate availability when you apply.
While we’ve had Water Mission staff or volunteers open up their homes or spare rooms in the past, it’s not always a guarantee that someone will have availability during the summer. It’s the responsibility of the intern to secure housing for the summer if they are in a role that requires them to be in the Charleston area.
No. At this time, all internships are based out of the US.
These internships are based out of our US office in Charleston, SC. While we are open to considering candidates outside of the US, they should be located within one of the four continental US Time Zones to be able to work effectively with their US-based supervisor. These time zones include: Eastern Standard Time/GMT-5, Central Standard Time/GMT-6, Mountain Standard Time/GMT-7, and Pacific Standard Time/GMT-8
At this time, we do not have formal internship programs within our offices outside of the US.
The Water Mission team desires to mentor the next generation of leaders to fight against the global water crisis through our 10-week internship program. Not only will you gain valuable hands-on experience in your field of study, but you’ll also have the opportunity to learn what it’s like to work at a nonprofit organization, where every team member is valued and contributes to our mission to provide safe water and sanitation for all. Our amazing team members are subject matter experts in their fields, and they are ready to share that knowledge and experience with you! We also hope that you’ll make many memories and lasting connections that you can carry with you into your future career. Come join us – you’ll have fun as we change the world together!
Here’s what our Summer 2023 interns had to say:
“I knew going into the summer that my aim was to intern with an organization that not only focused on engineering projects, but also the people behind those projects, and Water Mission does just that.”
“Choosing to work with Water Mission meant I didn’t need to compromise my personal or professional goals and would see a clear purpose in my work each day.”
“Water is a key component to living a healthy and happy life free of disease, so that’s why I think it’s important to fight the global water crisis. It’s a problem on its own, but it’s leading to more problems that are impacting people’s health and quality of life.”
“Through this internship, I have learned that our work is inherently spiritual, no matter if we are working for a Christian organization or not.”
Other Ways to Get Involved:
- Pray: Join our Prayer Ripples ministry and receive weekly prayers and praises from our country programs.
- Volunteer: Share your time and talent in our headquarters in Charleston or as a Water Mission ambassador for your community.
- Advocate: Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn and share our posts. Be sure to tell your networks why serving others with safe and Living Water is important to you.
- Start a Campaign: Raise funds in your church, school, or community to fight the global water crisis.
- Walk: Join the Walk for Water in North Charleston or host a Walk for Water in your community to raise funds and awareness.
- Visit: Tour Water Mission’s headquarters in North Charleston, SC.
What is a Water Mission Internship
Watch the video below to find out what it’s all about.