Join Our Response
Join Water Mission as we continue providing urgently needed solutions to under-resourced communities amid COVID-19.
Our COVID-19 response is providing safe water, hand washing stations, and hygiene training focused on preventing the spread of the virus across hundreds of communities, healthcare facilities, and refugee camps spanning nine countries. In many of these countries, a majority of the population does not have soap, safe water, or facilities for handwashing. Without such resources, communities are at significantly higher risk of virus transmission.
Water Mission’s response efforts include:
- Continuing our ongoing water and sanitation projects while implementing new procedures at water access points to maintain proper social distancing measures and expediting the flow of safe water.
- Supporting preventive measures by raising awareness about the need for social distancing using a variety of media and technological tools, such as social media, radio, mobile messaging, and community speaker systems.
- Distributing critical health and hygiene information in local languages to help address misinformation about the virus that has spread in under-resourced communities.
- Establishing additional water and sanitation services at under-resourced healthcare facilities on the frontlines of the crisis so that doctors and nurses can safely care for their patients.
- Installing hundreds of handwashing stations around the world at high-traffic settings, such as clinics and hospitals, schools, markets, and water access points.
- Serving where most needed, as quickly as possible, working with many of our on-the-ground partners and all in-country staff members to identify urgent safe water needs.
Learn More About Our Response
Water Mission offers free resources that provide global requirements and recommendations for handwashing stations.
Facebook Live Update
On April 16, we shared a Facebook Live update on our COVID-19 global response efforts.
In the News
- COVID-19 in Prisons: Handwashing Stations for Tanzania Inmates, Officials
- Behind the Scenes: Serving Clean Water Safely Amid COVID-19
- Water Mission Collaborates with Grundfos Foundation to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Water Mission Joins Fight Against Global Spread of COVID-19
FedEx: FedEx and Water Mission Join Forces to Expand Clean Water Access
News 2 Charleston: Water Mission Receives $1.5 Million Grant for COVID-19 Relief Efforts